To expand home ownership opportunities, particularly for minorities and persons with lower to moderate incomes.
- To educate prospective first time home buyers to enable them to make an informed decision regarding home ownership.
- To assist those who proceed through the process of purchasing a home and provide the resources to promote successful home ownership.
- To inform the related industries about the needs of the community.
What we offer…
HOME BUYER EDUCATION:
The Home Ownership Counseling Program will prepare you to become a homeowner. The HOCP seminar is organized into six sessions which are conducted on two consecutive Saturdays. During these six sessions you will learn about:
- Preparing for Home Ownership
- The Importance of Good Credit
- Shopping for a Home
- Obtaining a Mortgage
- The Closing Process
- What to Expect as a Home Owner
Upon completion of all six sessions, you will receive a certificate of achievement. The certificate should be presented to the loan officer at the time of completing the mortgage application. This will demonstrate that you are serious and informed about home ownership.
Individual counseling is also available to you during and after the home-buying process.
Staff can assist you with:
- Reviewing your credit report
- Document preparation prior to applying for a loan
- Determining your affordability
- Selecting the best mortgage for you